Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M2J3P
Channel Surfer

Stick is unresponsive. Serial Number not being recognized?

Stick was not working at all.  Tried following all the online discussions/customer support suggestions - nothing worked.  I started process for return but, upon entering the serial number, I receive message that the number is invalid.   Anyone?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stick is unresponsive. Serial Number not being recognized?

@M2J3P 

Regarding the serial number, login to your Roku account at https://my.roku.com/account

At bottom of page will be your devices with their serial numbers.

If this doesn't work for the serial number, try the different numbers under your Roku Settings/System/About.

For some reason, multiple numbers are represented as serial numbers (ie one on device, one that is registered under Roku.)

---

Regarding your issue, if you want to post some details can see what can be done in terms of troubleshooting.  Post your Roku device model number, your router model number, your ISP, any error messages on screen and some issue details.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

M2J3P
Channel Surfer

Thanks @AvsGunnar .

The SN is off the back of the stick.  Unfortunately, one of the attempts to solve my issue had me "unlink" the device from my account and then try to add it back.  (This didn't work and removed the information from account.  I also tried factory resetting the device after all the other attempts. 

The issue all started when we were having problems with the remote (only a few of the buttons were working.) Among the things we tried, in no particular order:  removing batteries from remote, unplugging everything (including tv, stick, router, etc.) and the above mentioned reset and unlinking of the device.  At this point, we've spend the better part of the last two days trying to solve and reach someone in Customer Support.  We have had no success on either end.  (We purchased it from a Kohl's about 6 months ago and they only accept electronic returns within 30 days.

Thanks

The model is 3810X and ISP is Spectrum.  Roku no longer showing anything on screen.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@M2J3P 

Certainly sounds like a failed device with that description.  You are also within the warranty period so should not be issue with a replacement.

Tagging @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , and @RokuMary-F so they can reach out to you personally.  Normally they will ask you to post your serial number here as a starting point. (they will be able to use whatever serial number you have available).

M2J3P
Channel Surfer

Thank you  - I so very much appreciate your time.

M2J3P
Channel Surfer

@AvsGunnar I haven't heard anything yet...Would they be reaching out to me here in this post?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@M2J3P 

They should.  Probably catching up with all the weekend traffic.

Paging @RokuDanny-R and @RokuKariza-D .  (Just in case the first one got overlooked).

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @M2J3P

I apologize for the delay in response.

When you said that your Roku no longer shows anything on the screen, do you only see a black screen or no signal message? Please also reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku stick. It can be found at the back of the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

@M2J3P 

Are you using the original usb cable with bump in the middle? That is what the Remote communicates with it, not the stick itself. No long range wifi receiver no remote. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
M2J3P
Channel Surfer

Hello, 

Thank you for your assistance!  There is only a black screen at this point.  Unable to watch TV for almost a week ; (.

The serial number is 2150CE713155

0 Kudos