Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Spotify & Screensaver

Hi!  Hopefully this will make sense:

I listen to XMas music via Spotify through my Roku Ultra so it plays through my surround sound.  The Spotify app is so boring looking!!!

Is there a way to have the music play but a screensaver or something on the screen?  Preferably I would be able to have one of the fireplace videos from YouTube playing but IDK if the device will even stream 2 apps at once!

Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Spotify & Screensaver

Thanks for the note here.

There isn't currently a way to display more than one streaming channel at a time. I might recommend following up with Spotify support to see if they have any additional settings or options within their channel that may allow the functionality you are looking for. 

(On a separate note, I edited the Roku Ultra product you associated to this post. You'll want to double check the model number for any device you associate to a topic, to ensure you are selecting the correct model of device for those that may share a name. The model number is visible in Settings>System>About on any Roku device.) 

Feel free to send me a private message if you have any other questions I can help answer. Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes, there is a way to turn off the display of the TV while playing music and using the spotify app on Roku TV. 

Once in the spotify app, click on the (*) button or whatever button you use to access options / settings. 

A Roku TV settings overlay menu will pop up and you can select the "Turn off display" option for the screen to go completely black. 

In order to turn on the screen again simply click the power button on the remote and it will appear. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I have this function on my Roku TV, and the first I tried it, it worked. Now for some reason whenever I use the feature, the display won't stay off. It keeps turning itself back on. Has anyone else had this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Pressing the (*) on the remote while in spotify app does absolutely nothing here.

Highlighted
Level 7

When I press (*) the Roku TV settings menu comes up but it is an abbreviated menu and the only option to do anything with the screen would be sleep timer which I assume turns the TV off including the Spotify app so that is not helpful. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

After the latest update apparently the only way to access this feature is to use the microphone in the app with the command "turn off display."

Highlighted
Level 7

THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
Level 7

I tried it it it doesn't work,  i use to have the option to turn of the display in the menu(*) but i can't find it either.