Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickatbbswork
Reel Rookie

Spectrum times out and goes to home

Jump to solution

I took my cable box back to Spectrum for my kitchen Tv. It is used for one channel.  Every morning, I have to start the spectrum app, then load the one channel we watch (which is not Channel 1, Spectrum News).  Is there a setting to keep the app from stopping and going home?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Spectrum times out and goes to home

Jump to solution

@rickatbbswork

Thanks for the inquiry.

There is not a feature that you are describing on Roku devices that will remember a channel once the device or TV is turned off.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rickatbbswork

Thanks for the inquiry.

There is not a feature that you are describing on Roku devices that will remember a channel once the device or TV is turned off.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rickatbbswork
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The device is not turned off.  The TV is, but power is not removed from the ROKU.   If I have been playing netflix, appletv, prime, etc and pause the show, turn off the tv, and not power off the roku, i will come back later and find it's gone home. 

With Spectrum, i'm not pushing pause, and only turning off the TV.   It still goes home.  I don't know how long it takes, because the tv is not on again for about 23 hours. 

0 Kudos
rickatbbswork
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I may have found out.                        

I disabled bandwidth saver on the kitchen roku.   

Will see in morning.         

0 Kudos