Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichB49
Reel Rookie

Spectrum TV Channel Guide

Jump to solution

I've added the Spectrum app to my Roku.  When I select this app and display the Spectrum channel guide, it only displays the shows currently playing.  The guide does not display future shows (i.e., the next hour or two) for the stations available on Spectrum.  Is there a setting to adjust this so it will display current and future program availability similar to what I can see when I use the Roku Live TV app?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveBoston
Reel Rookie

Re: Spectrum TV Channel Guide

Jump to solution

So Spectrum support answered this simple problem. I was blown away that ROKU support was actually belligerent about trying to help, especially where Spectrum gives away Roku with installation. 

The upper left arrow button opens your standard home page for Spectrum. This gives access to the full guide and searches.

It's extra special that I never got a reply on this question from Spectrum but I DID get my first spam message from this forum. Pretty useless. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SteveBoston
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same trouble with my Express that I got for free with Spectrum. I just bought a new Roku Ultra for a new Samsung 4k TV and it also shows only the current programs. My Apple TV and both my Samsung smart TVs can access the Spectrum guide properly. A one hour support chat ended with Roku saying it is a Spectrum problem. Not possible. Looking for a real answer. 

Jbug

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem as well. Just hooked up my roku and it worked for a couple times Advancing but it won't do it now. i'm with you i don't think it is on spectrums side.

0 Kudos
SteveBoston
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So Spectrum support answered this simple problem. I was blown away that ROKU support was actually belligerent about trying to help, especially where Spectrum gives away Roku with installation. 

The upper left arrow button opens your standard home page for Spectrum. This gives access to the full guide and searches.

It's extra special that I never got a reply on this question from Spectrum but I DID get my first spam message from this forum. Pretty useless. 

RichB49
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A fine point - The upper left arrow button on the remote control will take you to the home screen where you can find the full guide.

Thanks to all for this help.

0 Kudos
Kate123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have Roku Express and stumbled upon the full guide several times, but could never get back to it.  Finally figured it out!  From the Roku screen click on the Spectrum app.  This will land you on Spectrum Channel 1 which is their "home" screen.  Hit the left arrow button next to the house/home button and you'll get a bar with 4 choices, one of which is Guide.  From what I can tell, this is the only way to access the guide on Roku Express.

0 Kudos
transplantwest
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Spectrum blames Roku for everything. I mean everything. Spectrum is actually responsible for the quick guide" build. 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@transplantwest wrote:

Spectrum blames Roku for everything. I mean everything. Spectrum is actually responsible for the quick guide" build. 

If Spectrum really did blame Roku, which I seriously doubt is true, then the former company wouldn’t have had a licensing agreement with the latter to begin with.  In addition, if you can’t accept the fact that some apps on Roku devices require a subscription, then you’re basically out of luck, dude.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
transplantwest
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Spectrum always snarky an blaming Roku. Since it's their overlay, it's on them. They blew it up today. It's gone entirely, after knocking out the connectivity to use spectrum on Roku, first one tv then the other, then they both came back without the directory. 

0 Kudos