Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Spectrum App Has been deleted from Roku

I had to reset one of my 4 Roku ultra devices. I had to delete and reload the Spectrum TV app and it had been removed. I contacted customer support (off-shore nightmare) and after 30 mins they told me to call Spectrum because they are in contract dispute. I told them this was their hardware, software, device. This is so unbelievable wrong. One this is a Roku issue not Spectrum, Two Ruko is still advertising they support Spectrum. There was no notification, no warning, just a monster F/U to the loyal customer's of Roku. So now I can not watch TV until this is solved by Roku. This isn't spectrum. Don't pass the buck.

DON'T BUY ROKU if they are going to play these types of games. pure BS.

GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY

58 Replies
Level 9

Re: Spectrum App Has been deleted from Roku

I just installed two ROKU sticks in a customer's home on Thursday. They only subscribe to Spectrum for TV channels. I'm waiting for my phone to ring off the wall!

Dear Roku- I bought Roku Streambar yesterday December 13 2020, because of advertising on internet that Spectrum TV app is available on Roku. Little did I know that after seeing this “fact” advertised for months (since 2015 I read!) that it was no longer true, as of less than 1 week before I made my purchase. I am seeking a refund, please contact me so I can provide you my mailing address for refund check. 

Level 9

The Spectrum Channel is no longer shown in the search menu.

Level 9

Just found this on Spectrum's website.

"Despite our best efforts to reach an agreement, Roku has not accepted Spectrum's offer to continue our contract, which allowed customers to access the Spectrum TV app from Roku devices.

This change may prevent new downloads of the Spectrum TV app to your Roku device, but you can still access your full video library by downloading the Spectrum TV app to your Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox, smartphone or tablet.

If you already use the Spectrum TV app on Roku, your service shouldn’t be affected.

Be sure not to uninstall the app, but you can still add devices by signing in to your current account."

Level 9

Correct,

if you have it DO NOT delete it. Any one new is screwed.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Since I have an active Roku account can I add a new tv which auto download the Spectrum app I have on two other tv's?

Level 9

How do you do that. Are you saying your can load the app from one roku to a second roku. Please show us how.

0 Kudos
Level 7

When I bought my first roku tv, set up an account and then downloaded a number of apps I automatically had those same apps download to the second roku tv I purchased.  My question is that since I now need to purchase another tv, can I get another roku tv, set it up on my current account and have id download the spectrum app to this new tv since it already associated with the account and active on two other tv's?

Level 21

@fuzzyone wrote:

Since I have an active Roku account can I add a new tv which auto download the Spectrum app I have on two other tv's?

Since it's not currently in the store, my guess is it will not be installed on a newly linked device. But that's merely a guess. If it doesn't, I'm certain it will self-install once Roku and Spectrum come to a new agreement. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.