Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kenny41
Level 8

Spectrum App Crashing

I have 2 TV’s with Roku Streaming Stick.  Both sticks work fine in my den upstairs.  I tried both sticks on my TV in the basement.  Amazon Prime and Netflix works perfect in the basement.  If I try to access Spectrum app the whole screen freezes up and says there is an error and says try back later.  You have to reregister the whole Roku device again.  What is causing it?  Only use this TV when working out.  It is an old Viewsonic but the Spectrum app should work if Amazon & Netflix work on it. Thanks 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Spectrum App Crashing

Is the basement further from your Spectrum box than the den is?

This sounds to me like a problem that should be addressed to Spectrum.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Kenny41
Level 8

Also what's with no phone technical support from Roku?  Tons of devices have been sold since Covid19.  They should be ramping up technical support not eliminating it.  It would be nice to talk to a human that sees these problems everyday instead of searching the web for answers.

Kenny41
Level 8

Router is right above where TV is in basement.  Spectrum and other apps make it crash.  Amazon & Netflix work fine.  5G is fine in the rest of the house.  I don't know why the same apps upstairs work fine but don't work in the basement.  Spectrum is working on it and will call me back in 72 hours.  Not sure I will ever hear back from them.  Like watching Spectrum while I am working out.

0 Kudos