Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhio2k
Level 7

Special event/holiday themes...

How about letting us KEEP the holiday/special event themes since they're pushed onto our devices without notice or consent? Just make it free download available for just 24 hours. Optionally, after that period you can BUY it, but ALL of these themes are so visually pleasing compared to the terrible themes* you would have us pay for that it's a shame you just remove them forever with your consumers having no say-so in the matter.

*Yes, they're all bad, with tacky text over the image. Look at your pc background: nobody wants text on their desktop screen.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Special event/holiday themes...

"Rhio2k" wrote:
How about letting us KEEP the holiday/special event themes since they're pushed onto our devices without notice or consent? ...

Settings > Theme > Custom Settings

That's nothing new. Roku has had this option for years. Themes doesn't get pushed to me without my consent. If you're letting it happen to you, then that's on you.

But I do like the idea of making them available on a permanent basis.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Rhio2k
Level 7

Re: Special event/holiday themes...

"DBDukes" wrote:
"Rhio2k" wrote:
How about letting us KEEP the holiday/special event themes since they're pushed onto our devices without notice or consent? ...

Settings > Theme > Custom Settings

That's nothing new. Roku has had this option for years. Themes doesn't get pushed to me without my consent. If you're letting it happen to you, then that's on you.

But I do like the idea of making them available on a permanent basis.

You're right, I just found that option. I'll leave it checked cus the special event and holiday themes that show up are ALWAYS a treat.

There's been a welcome change in the Get More Settings selection. In addition to the current themes now being free instead of 1.99 (pretty sure NOBODY was buying themes, so thankfully that practice was dropped), at least for me, we now have nine new hand-drawn or computer rendered themes that are pretty beautiful, as well as a couple more photo themes. Great move on Roku's behalf.

It would be cool if Roku would allow us to submit art program-created holiday themes for download for other users in contests held throughout the year, as a way to get us involved as a community.
0 Kudos