Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Space screensaver easter eggs

You missed a couple. The town hall is the same one from Back To The Future. There's the Avengers tower next to the Daily Planet in the background as well as Spider Man swinging off the Empire State Building.

0 Kudos

The planet looking thing with the glowing white ring around it is the black hole from Interstellar 

DOGRGOD

The Saturn planet could be a reference to Saturn 3 with Kirk Douglas

Did anyone notice the sonic screwdrivers? I think there are two One just to the left and just to the right (near the cat) of the MF window.

0 Kudos
Darcsyde
Reel Rookie

Here's what I found:

APOLLO 13 capsule

ARMAGEDDON Amarillo

CONTACT
Pod launch site
Satillite dish array

GALAXY QUEST Gorignak (rock monster)

THE MARTAIN
Base
Escape pod
Rover

DUNE Sandown and rider

SPACEBALLS Winnebago

INTERSTELLAR black hole

ARRIVAL alien ship

SPACE JAM logo

STAR TREK
the Enterprise
LLCARS panel

STAR WARS
Luke's 2 lightsabers
Falcon widow
Solo's dice
Sail barge
Sarlacc
Space slug

HAL 9000
Dave Bowman
The monolith
Life pod

STARGATE
The stargate
Ra's ship and landing pyramid

BLADE RUNNER
Tyrell Corp building
Off-World advertising blimp

ALIEN
Egg
Jones the cat
Xenomorph

Rockerbaby

The cat is Jones from alien. The space pod with the four arms is not Wall-E. I have a picture of Wall-E’s pod as one of my screen savers. The dice are not Borg cubes. They’re Han Solos lucky smugglers dice. They’re hanging in the Millennium Falcon window above the control panel. The spinning ball of light is the ship from Contact. And I’m almost 100% sure that the person in the spacesuit is Ripley. Especially since there’s an Alien above her head, and an egg beside her. Does anyone know what the broken wires hanging down are? They may be nothing, And the window where those wires are, is that a Star Trek window? The control panel below it, doesn’t look like it, but I might be wrong. Ok. I looked at it again and the person in the spacesuit is Dave from 2001. 

jg8292

The wide six sided "window" is a Crossfield-class viewscreen from Star Trek and the symbols below it are from the gold plates on the Voyager probes. The satellite dishes might be a reference to both Contact and The Arrival to avoid redundancy. I think the white vertical lights between windows and windscreens may be referencing the reactor from Total Recall.

jg8292

...windscreens...

0 Kudos
jg8292

1996 Charlie Sheen The Arrival, not the Amy Adam's one.

0 Kudos

I think the vehicle on the worm asteroid is from Armageddon.

0 Kudos