Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khristip
Channel Surfer

Sound scrambled, on roku channel, picture is good.

I’m not sure this is the correct board but closest I could find.  I’m trying to watch a movie on roku channel and the volume is scrambled. I’ve had this problem before on premium channels and had to cancel them because roku support could never tell me what the problem was, but this is the roku channel. Any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sound scrambled, on roku channel, picture is good.

@Khristip 

Is it only on that one app?

Does a reboot of the Roku resolve the issue?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Khristip
Channel Surfer

It has been on multiple apps, the others we’re paying channels. I deleted them after the problem Couldn’t be resolved. Now it is on roku.  The system has been updated and rebooted, deleted channel and reinstalled and nothing worked 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Khristip 

I'm reading that everything you play on Roku has the issue. You've mentioned no other devices or any content played outside Roku that has good sound. So, based on the information provided, that could mean the Roku, the HDMI cable, the HDMI port, the TV amp, the TV speakers, and other things. So, we need to narrow this down.

Have you tried a different HDMI port on the TV?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Khristip
Channel Surfer

It’s not everything, right now I have found several movies on the roku channel that had the sound scrambled.  I only have a roku device and I don’t have a problem on other apps( well, none that I’ve found)

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Khristip 

Let's confirm where the issue shows itself. Is it only on The Roku Channel? That is, other apps play just fine, correct?

On The Roku Channel, is it everything, or just certain movies? If only certain ones, name two that have the issue and two that don't, so I can see if I get the same results. The Roku Channel often aggregates content from other services (FilmRise in particular) and it could be the source is bad. Unless, of course, it's everything on The Roku Channel.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Khristip
Channel Surfer

It is only on the roku channel and only some movies:  Sleepless in Seattle and Hunger Games Mockingjay 2 have scrambled sound.  The Untouchables and fatal Attraction have sound

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Khristip 

I just launched and played part of Sleepless in Seattle and it sounded fine. Likewise, The Untouchables, but since that was working for you, it working for me was expected.

Why Sleepless in Seattle works for me but not you is unclear. I tried it on a Roku Streambar model 9102, a Roku Streaming Stick+ model 3810, and an older TCL Roku TV model (Roku model 5147).

I'm not sure what to offer or suggest at this time, as I'm unable to replicate the issue.

What is the Roku model number and software version of the device with the issue? Settings > System > About

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Khristip
Channel Surfer

Roku player: 4670x

0 Kudos