Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sort channels into folders?

Is there any way to make folders to add channels into on my tv to make them easier to find without having to go thru the like 200 apps/channels I have? ie. a folder for tv channels, a folder for movie channels etc... and a second question/suggestion is there any way to just have the login for my tv provider entered once for the tv channels to pull it from rather than going to activate them seperately?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Just wondering ...

Unfortunately, no. You can't make any manual changes to the channel list on a Roku TV. The only thing you can do is use the Page left and Right buttons (not the directional buttons around the OK button) to move a page at a time. It's a little faster than just one line at a time. And you can't manually set a channel as a favorite, so that doesn't help either. If you do enable Favorites, the TV assigns them based on how much time you spend on a channel. Not very useful, I'm afraid. 

For your second question: are you referring to the individual channels/apps that require a TV provider for access? If those don't store authentication, you have to take that up with whomever developed the channel, most likely the content provider themselves. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 16

The thing you CAN do is move the individual channel tiles in the grid around to group them as you prefer.

Highlight a channel tile in the grid.  Press * and select "Move channel".  Use the directional keys to place it where you would like in the grid.  Press OK to set the position.

Note that the order of channels in the grid is specific to that unit.   This allows you to have custom orders on each Roku if you have more than one,  but it also means you can't duplicate the grid order from one unit to the next.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 20

Ya know, @makaiguy made me realize I might not have provided the best answer. I was referring to the OTA channel list for a Roku TV. He made me realize you might have meant the individual channels/apps that are on the Roku home page. Man, I hate that they call them channels. Anyway, his is a great idea as well, and my suggestion about paging through the channels works on the home screen icons as well. So, group them together as desired and use the FF/RWD buttons to page through them a little quicker. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 7

lol I actually drive myself nuts arranging and rearranging them .... when you get up to like 199 apps moving something to the top is a chore

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@Rayvenwind wrote:

lol I actually drive myself nuts arranging and rearranging them .... when you get up to like 199 apps moving something to the top is a chore

True statement. But I'll bet the FF/RWD buttons will page up/down with the icon as well. But you're right, that would be very tedious to do. And unfortunately, it's about all you can do to help streamline the grid. Sorry...

Dan