Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Someone's phone got my Roku information

I was minding my own business watching Family Guy and all of a sudden there was a little pop up at the bottom of my screen saying that "(phone) Galaxy A10e would like to cast video on your tv." I have an iphone, but I do live in an apartment complex. I tried to chat with support but they sent me to a site that wanted me to pay $5. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if anyone knew how this person would have gotten my roku information. I am not necessarily worried and changed my password, but still a little concerned whether or not this person has access to my things.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Someone's phone got my Roku information

First of all, you weren't speaking to Roku support.  Roku never charges for support and, in fact, barely supplies any.  They have no toll-free number.  Is your Wi-Fi secured with WPA and a good password?  I don't know exactly how casting works, but I thought you had to be on the same network, so your neighbor may be leeching off of your network.  You can block all devices from casting to your Roku by going into Settings->System->Screen mirroring-Screen mirroring mode and setting it to Never allow.

0 Kudos