Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mad-mom

Someone else photos on my Photo Stream

I recently set up photo stream and it was working fine a week later someone else photos appear on my photo stream and it keeps happening. Every week its a diiferent person photos on my tv I went into Roku site and disabled photo stream on all my Roku devices then the photo stream starts again on its own. Still its other people photos for the past 2 weeks i keep disabling it but it keeps coming back on and Roku support has no way of helping me stop it. I keep hitting disable then it keeps enable on its own. This is frustrating how can I stop people photos from showing up on my tv or how can I keep it disabled 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7

Roku Photo Streams shows someone else's photos

I have an interesting one for you: Last night we flipped on the Roku stick and were greeted by someone ELSE's photo stream. Pictures of their newborn baby. Which was cute, by the way, but an invasion of their privacy that we couldn't stop or reset- only click on to Hulu and ignore it. I checked my account and I am still signed in and my photo stream is still selected. Yet Roku is show me "Craig's" baby picture. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: someone else photos on my photo stream

@mad-mom 

Let's rule out the obvious first.

Go to https://my.roku.com and log in. Then scroll all the way down. See that list of devices at the bottom? Is your Roku listed there? And do you recognize all of the Roku devices listed there?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mad-mom

you must didnt read the part where I stated I disabled it on ALL my Roku devices

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Roku Photo Streams shows someone else's photos

@NerfHerder1, you're the second person I've seen reporting getting someone else's photos.  Bringing this to the attention of @RokuMary-F , @RokuDanny-R .

Other report:  https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/someone-else-photos-on-my-photo-...

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@mad-mom 

Yes I did, but I was going to get as much information about the setup as possible in order to figure out why you're getting what you're getting. But, since you don't want that, I'll move along now.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
GregIn405

I had this exact thing happen yesterday and I thought I was going crazy. A stranger’s photo stream started playing during my screensaver. I exited the screensaver, reopened it, and another random person’s stream started playing. I’m not sure what was going on, but I deleted my photo stream in case it’s playing on someone else’s Roku 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Photo Streams claims I violated guidelines, but the guidelines are MIA

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you, but need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos