Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sparky07

Some Roku Ultras will not upgrade to 11.0.0 (4660X and 4670X)

Jump to solution

I have Roku Ultra 4660X and 4670X models,

Two of the four 4660X model shave upgraded to 11.0.0 and other two are stuck on 10.5.0.  All devices say they are up to date.

One of the two of the 4670X models has upgraded to 11.0.0 and the other is stuck on 10.5.0.  All devices say they are up to date.

Is there a reason that some can't upgrade past 10.5.0 or how can I force an upgrade?  I have tried to upgrade the software through the menu many times.

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Some Roku Ultras will not upgrade to 11.0.0 (4660X and 4670X)

Jump to solution

@Sparky07 

Just the way Roku OS updates work.  They will eventually get to all your devices.  Could even be months from now.

They are not rolled out by device model number, user, device location, etc.  Only Roku seems to know the method to scheduled releases.  Very often I will have a device in my house on the last OS released for months after my other devices have received an update.  Other times, they may all get updated within a couple weeks of each other.  

Sometimes doing the manual system update will help (if scheduled to update at a later time on your device).  Settings/System/Update [Check Now].

There is no way to "force" your device to update though.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Sparky07 

Just the way Roku OS updates work.  They will eventually get to all your devices.  Could even be months from now.

They are not rolled out by device model number, user, device location, etc.  Only Roku seems to know the method to scheduled releases.  Very often I will have a device in my house on the last OS released for months after my other devices have received an update.  Other times, they may all get updated within a couple weeks of each other.  

Sometimes doing the manual system update will help (if scheduled to update at a later time on your device).  Settings/System/Update [Check Now].

There is no way to "force" your device to update though.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Sparky07

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information.  It doesn't make sense to me that a manual attempt to update the software won't work but there is nothing I can do about it I guess.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Sparky07, if you really want 11.0 (and I'll give the standard warning of be careful what you wish for) there is one other thing you can try.  For some reason if you factory reset a device it will sometimes install the latest firmware version.  Seems like a huge hassle to me for something that's likely to have more issues than it potentially fixes.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.