Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PArrigo
Level 7

Sold Roku Device without factory resetting it

I recently sold one of my Roku Devices. After I sold it, I realized that I forgot to factory reset the device. I was able to unlink the device with my roku account, but is there anything else that I can do? I read that I will still be billed for subscriptions even after I unlink. I want to be able to continue using my roku account (I have a Roku TV and another Roku device that I still use) and its subscriptions on my other devices, but I do not want the device I recently sold to access any of my information. What should I do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sold Roku Device without factory resetting it

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe once you unlink it the new owner won't have access to your subscriptions.  You don't have to do anything to keep the subscriptions active on your other linked devices.  You only get billed once per subscription no matter how many devices are linked to your account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos