Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theprince
Level 7

Software Update caused Roku to stop working on my TV

My Roku updated two days ago to version 9.4.0 build 4190-51. Model is 3900EU - Roku Express. Since this update, the Roku will display the animated Roku letters for a few seconds, but won't load up; my TV says "no signal".

The HDMI port in the TV still works (tested with a Fire stick) and the Roku works on another device. The timing of the update was when it stopped working so it's clear that it has updated and no longer works on my TV.

Is there a way to roll back this software update?

I've never had issues with Roku before and the Fire interface is awful and I certainly don't want to have to buy a new TV!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Software Update caused Roku to stop working on my TV

Any rollback would be temporary if it's even available.  Instructions have been posted several times.  Try the easy things first.  Try unplugging the power from your Roku and TV for 30 seconds or so.

0 Kudos
theprince
Level 7

Thanks for your reply.

I've already tried the solutions I've seen online and have already tried switching it on and off (as detailed in my original post - I tried it in another device).

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

You didn't say whether you tried unplugging the power from the TV for several seconds.  Sometimes it's the TV that's screwed up and needs a "reboot".

Did you try to see if you could rollback?  Press Home 5 times, Fast Forward (>>) 3 times, and Rewind (<<) twice to get to the "Secret Screen".  If it's possible, it will offer version 9.3 when you choose "Update software".

0 Kudos
theprince
Level 7

I said that I'd tried it on another device - so have obviously unplugged it.

Never mind.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

THE TV, THE TV, THE  TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  NOT THE ROKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos