Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I see Roku is skipping the 4th of July screen again in US for 2022

I guess something patriotic might offend .01% of the population.... the horror!!!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: So I see Roku is skipping the 4th of July screen again in US for 2022

The writing was on the wall after last year's controversy (foisted absurd racial "Juneteenth" wallpaper, followed by the "Happy Summer" instead of a July 4th-based wallpaper), coupled with the fact that they didnt foist "Juneteenth" on us again this year, which indicated another repeat performance of avoiding an Independence Day wallpaper.

You must keep in mind that the entire Board of Directors is made up of card-carrying Dems/libs/Progs, and over 95% of Employee's political donations go to Dem/Lib/Prog PACs/groups/orgs, so they arent exactly politically neutral when it comes to things like celebrating/advocating historical longstanding Federal holidays with a national patriotic theme (for many of them, Independence Day is some sort of legacy pro-slavery pro-racism pro-segregation pro-colonialism pro-intolerance pro-name-you-bad-ism-here-please-exclude-logic-reason-facts celebration, so its "highly offensive" to their workforce, which they clearly cater to more than their customers, as all tech companies do).

So, suck it up, and manually select one of the still-extant July 4th/Independence Day Roku-provided wallpapers and be done with it (aside from leaving actual feedback if you want to with Roku Corporate, not a post on their product/service support site...)

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Horror doesn’t even have any relation to the 4th of July as far as I know, so at this point, I don’t fully understand what you are talking about.  ~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

I'm glad I have a couple of old July 4 wallpapers saved from previous years.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Corgi_Daddy
Reel Rookie

Same here. I have 4 that I saved from past years. 

0 Kudos