Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Smart soundbar erased TV input and DVD

Jump to solution

Have been watching antenna tv on my TCL Roku TV for 2 years, and was easy to connect to DVD player using icons on my Home Screen. 
I just bought an Onn Roku Smart Soundbar, and now my icons on the home screen are all gone.  Went to Home->Settings to connect my "TV Input", and it's gone.  How do I re-connect my Antenna, DVD player, etc?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Smart soundbar erased TV input and DVD

Jump to solution

The voice remote can be paired to either the Roku Tv or the Roku Soundbar, sounds like its paired to the Soundbar. If you have it wired right using the apps on the tv home screen will still have sound coming from the Soundbar. With Roku tv having the apps you need, you should never have to go to the Soundbar home screen, unless you want the Bluetooth app. 

I would unplug the power of the Soundbar, pair the voice remote to the Roku Tv, then go into the settings of the tv:

settings> system> power> power on> make sure the Home screen is checked. 

For the soundbar to work it has to be connected to ARC input of the Roku tv, it should by Hdmi 3. Arc allows video and audio to go from the soundbar to the tv, at the same time allow just the audio from the tv to go to the soundbar, with one cable. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

You're using the Soundbar remote, get the Roku tv remote and press the home key. To switch back on forth between the two roku's just press the home key on the remote for whichever roku device you wish to be on. 

To tell them apart make sure that each roku is set to a different theme. The purple theme for the soundbar, the Roku Tv doesn't have for sure. I'm sure the Roku tv's default theme isn't on the soundbar. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply Edmund.  I am actually using a new voice-activated remote, not the soundbar remote.  Is there no way to have 1 remote?  I really don't want to have 2 remotes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

The voice remote can be paired to either the Roku Tv or the Roku Soundbar, sounds like its paired to the Soundbar. If you have it wired right using the apps on the tv home screen will still have sound coming from the Soundbar. With Roku tv having the apps you need, you should never have to go to the Soundbar home screen, unless you want the Bluetooth app. 

I would unplug the power of the Soundbar, pair the voice remote to the Roku Tv, then go into the settings of the tv:

settings> system> power> power on> make sure the Home screen is checked. 

For the soundbar to work it has to be connected to ARC input of the Roku tv, it should by Hdmi 3. Arc allows video and audio to go from the soundbar to the tv, at the same time allow just the audio from the tv to go to the soundbar, with one cable. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you so much - I unplugged the soundbar and paired the new voice-activated remote with the TV, and now I have all my icons back.  I did lose my speakers and subwoofer, but I used the soundbar remote to reconnect them, and everything seems to be working again - and now all I need is the new voice-activated remote.  Life with just one remote, Yea!!!!    Stay safe and well.

Highlighted
Level 1

Jump to solution

Not exactly related, but hoping you can help: trying to connect DVD/VCR combo player to Roku TV, and not having any luck. You say it was easy to do; I went into Settings - TV input - and selected AV (because connections are red-white-yellow AV). It gives the option to rename, but no option to do anything else. After selecting this, 'AV' does not show up as an icon/option in main menu, and player does not communicate with the TV: no picture/audio/anything. Tried choosing DVD, VCR, and DVD combo - no luck. Channels 3, 4 show up with labels 'VCR', but - again - nothing plays on the TV.  Yes: the DVD player is on and works. What am I missing that apparently should make this easy to do? Thanks.

0 Kudos