Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrepperDaddy
Level 7

Smart TV Roku vs Roku device

I have an older Samsung TV, not a "smart" TV.  I AM USING A Roku Ultra that I love and would like to continue using.  I am buying a new TV, TCL, that has Roku built in.  Is there any way I can "disable" the Roku on the TV and keep using my Roku Ultra?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Smart TV Roku vs Roku device

No, you can set up the roku tv to go directly to the ultra home screen upon powering up the tv, and skipping the tv roku home screen. But the input tiles for the hdmi's won't be there, they are only on the roku tv home screen. Once you have the two roku attached to each other, just pressing the home screen key on the roku remote of the roku you wish to view will switch the tv to that device. press the home key on the other roku remote it will switch back. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
PrepperDaddy
Level 7

Nice!  thanks for the reply!

0 Kudos
TheBishop
Level 7

Yes, you can still use your roku ultra. Use it like any other device. you just need to connect it to your new tv. Say you connect it to hdmi 2, you'll just need to select hdmi 2 to enter your roku. 

0 Kudos