Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Slideshow abruptly ending

My office uses rokus in each operatory and it remains on the slideshow feature when not being used for something else. Ever since returning to work in early May post covid, all of the rokus will abruptly stop playing the slideshow and return to the homescreen. Previously it would continue all day without needing to be restarted. Is there any way to make the slideshow return to continuously running?

14 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Slideshow abruptly ending

What app/screensaver are you using to display this slide show?  Have you tried turning off the bandwidth saver from Settings->Network->Bandwidth saver?

Highlighted
Level 8

I am using the Roku Media Player, looks like the bandwidth saver was on so I turned it off and will see how it goes today! 

Highlighted
Level 8

It is still booting me out to the home menu about 2 1/2 hours after starting the slideshow. Number of photos doesn't change that either, so it isn't just after one cycle through.

Highlighted
Level 7

Since this latest Roku update, my slideshow playing from a usb drive through Roku plays one time and then goes to the roku home screen. It used to play continuously in a loop. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Level 8

Mine is doing the same thing.  Ever since it updated I can not play the slideshow for more than 2 1/2 hours.  I use it as an advertising tool for my restaurant.  Does anyone know how to change it so it will play endlessly?

Highlighted
Level 8

I am having the exact same issue. Hopefully someone will fix this!!

Highlighted
Level 10

this is one of many problems that have come up with the latest version of RMP version 5.3

it is currently at the 5th iteration dated Aug 25, 2020.

I think it is on their "to do list" but they never publicly say what they are doing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Several of us are having this issue. Hopefully if we make enough noise they will correct it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I figured it out. It's not the TV, It's the program. Roku Media Player. I found this out because it was doing it on two different brands of TV Sets. I installed several other media players, all of which did this ranging from 10 minutes to 2 hours - except for one. I am not advertising for it, but I paid $3.99 for the program and it works great - no more issues, my picture and video play all day without resetting!  

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos