Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob-Syd

Sleep timer (Bandwidth Saver) in Roku Express

Jump to solution

Sleep timer automatically on in Roku Express. Don’t know how to switch it off as there is no Power option tab in Settings. Started doing this today, not sure if anyone else experiencing this issue. Please help to turn off sleep timer that comes on after 10 min. Cheers 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
samcrut
Reel Rookie

Re: Sleep timer in Roku Express

Jump to solution

My Roku Express + has a "bandwidth saver." You can switch the feature on/off under Settings>Network>Bandwidth saver. It shuts down after 4 hours if the Roku remote doesn't do anything when this is switched on. I don't see a proper sleep timer on this Plus version.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. Whatever I was watching would stop after 10 minutes.  I didn't know I even had a sleep timer. Did someone have an answer?

0 Kudos
samcrut
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku Express + has a "bandwidth saver." You can switch the feature on/off under Settings>Network>Bandwidth saver. It shuts down after 4 hours if the Roku remote doesn't do anything when this is switched on. I don't see a proper sleep timer on this Plus version.

Michael6

Jump to solution

What version of roku do I have to get in order to put the sleep timer on.

Currently I have a roku express but it doesn’t have a sleep timer, but it has a bandwith saver. I’m trying to make it to where it turns off of 10 minutes to 20 mins due to inactivity..

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Only RokuTVs have a sleep timer.  No stand-alone unit does.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Spacebrat1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How the **bleep** do you turn the thing off.  if I wanted to turn it off I would.  Had I known this would constantly happen (I turn it off, make one move off that page and it is back on again!!!!! WT_?) I would have gone with Fire.  real PAIN!!!! anyone know a fix?  lb, Malabar, FL 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Spacebrat1, it's not clear what you're trying to say, but try disabling "1-touch play" under Settings->System->Control other devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
iGitErDone

Jump to solution

Finally, someone answers the question directly, succinctly and clearly. Kudos

0 Kudos