Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tpfister88
Reel Rookie

Should my ROKU Express4K + have a constant flashing blue light??

I just purchased the #ROKU Express 4K + and it has a constant flashing blue light on the front of the device. Is this normal? Device is working as expected so far.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tpfister88
Reel Rookie

Re: Should my ROKU Express4K + have a constant flashing blue light??

Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  actually a 3941x (not listed)

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tpfister88,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I understand that you are seeing a flashing blue light on your Roku Express 4k+, is that correct?

How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the flashing blue light?
For future reference, You can also visit our FAQs for Roku Express 4K+: Getting to know your Roku® Express 4K or Express 4K+ | Official Roku Support 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Tpfister88
Reel Rookie

Yes I am using the USB port to power the device, I was just wondering if the flashing light was common as the device is working fine. Strange thing is yesterday the blue light was solid but today its flashing again LOL

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Tpfister88

Thanks for the post.

Are you able to connect to your wireless network fine? If you connect your Roku device to a wall outlet, do you still see the issue occur? Does the flashing light affect your ability to stream content on your streaming stick? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tpfister88
Reel Rookie

Today the light is solid and yes the device works fine with the light either flashing or solid. Really digging it so far it works great!

0 Kudos