Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STL-Linda
Level 7

Should I give my Express 3700 to my elderly neighbor

Hello Group. My 85-year old neighbor wants to stream. We are setting her up with internet for the very first time. She has an flat screen tv but not a smart or 4k one. We have an Express 3700x & remote that we use when we travel but we could give her. Or would it be better to get her a newer Express or a Premier (in case she upgrades her tv). Any wisdom or advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Should I give my Express 3700 to my elderly neighbor

It would be better to get a roku that has tv controls, so your neighbor wouldn't need two remotes. Your roku 3700 comes with an IR remote and that is only kind of remote it accepts, you can't pair a wifi remote which are the only remotes with tv controls. Unless you get a universal remote to go along with your 3700 express, like the one-for-all urc-7935 streamer remote:P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Available at walmart for $16.88, get the neighbor used to that instead of the roku remote the 3700 comes with. And the volume keys aren't in the way on the side of the remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos