Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mabrams212

Sharing Roku setup across multiple devices

I have two Roku devices at home and considering purchasing more.  With the first two devices I had to manually add/remove channels and adjust settings on each device.  I want both devices to have the same setup.  I would prefer to setup one configuration and duplicate or share that setup on all devices in the house.

Can this be done?

10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sharing Roku setup across multiple devices

@mabrams212 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If your devices are linked to the same Roku account, then your devices will all have the same channels as long as they are supported on that device. When a channel is added or removed on one device, the channel is automatically added or removed on all devices linked to that account that support the channel. The order/arrangement of the channels will need to be adjusted individually for each device and channels must be activated separately on each Roku device.

For more information about having multiple Roku devices linked to the same account, visit our Support page here: Do I need a separate Roku account for each of my Roku® streaming devices?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Uboston

Roku. 
This should be addressed if Roku want to compete with cable providers. I have a large household and 5 rokus throughout the house. To spend several hours having to configure them all makes no sense. It should not be difficult to at a minimum have the option to mirror copy layout - even if you can’t support login info for 3rd party apps to be copied over. 
Please address. 

We know that is the way it works, but why? There should be an option to replicate order and credentials for all the channels across all the Roku devices that sign into a Roku account. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The answer to questions like that has always been, "Because... Roku".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

no ability to copy layout is just lame and lazy programming. Why should a user have to do 90% of the work manually "The order/arrangement of the channels will need to be adjusted individually for each device and channels must be activated separately on each Roku device" when another IDENTICAL Roku device has the information needed already programmed???

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Oops!  No way to delete a response...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Agreed. Roku is baseline satisfactory and at this point a bit of a fuddy duddy with what should be a simple (and expected feature). The whole interface and feature package needs an overhaul. Dated.

Backdoor

Not sure how anybody else got this to work...but I've been using these players for decades (all versions) and don't expect to do a plug n play situation to import all your channels. Only way I managed to upload all current channels was to go online...access your account and unlink the device. This page will have all your players and dates you linked the device. Older the date you can guess will have least amount of current channels. Then go to your tv and do factory reset on your player you want to update. WARNING! You must relink the player to your account which will erase all your settings and channels. Good news is...Roku will update this player and auto-load your most current channel lineup. Unfortunately...you'll need to reset your preferred settings, and, as always...will need to change the tile order manually on screen. So, you decide based on how outdated your channel roster is to add them individually? Or do a complete reset and mass import. I had a player missing >100 channels...so, I really had no choice. Pick your poison...add a few dozen manually...or reset/relink then sort through your entire lineup and change the ordering. Good luck.

0 Kudos
jdmayers

why did you guys changes this i have set up multiple rokus for multiple people in my family all with different apps they like to use and it use to work no problem till i was setting up my childs roku today and started to delete all the adult apps she doesn't need like food network hgtv ect and all of a sudden i get a call from my mom telling me im deleting apps of her roku like why shes not even in the same house why can i not separate the 2 rokus

0 Kudos