Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
King4life
Level 7

Settings for advertisement

Is there anyway to set the type of movies that are advertised on the screen saver? I’m talking about the generic page that comes up when Roku has been inactive for a while. The purple one with the depictions of buildings from various movies. The advertisement for Chucky is creeping out one of my kids. Maybe it’s programed for the season since we’re close to Halloween, but it’s not the first time I’ve wished I could switch an advertisement there to something else.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Settings for advertisement

Nope, no control. That is one of the revenue streams for Roku and they don't give users any control of it.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
King4life
Level 7

Re: Settings for advertisement

I figured, but thought I’d ask. I don’t mind the advertising—just some of the genres. Thank you!
0 Kudos