Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelly2805
Level 7

Set Up Problem

First, please don't judge meSmiley Happy

Okay, I have a plasma flat screen.....I also have DISH.....I want to cut the cord or break the dish. I bought a Roku Premiere...my TV will not recognize the Roku. I have changed the settings on the Roku, I have done everything. 

A friend gave me an older Roku, it actually worked on my TV BUT Hulu is no longer offered on this Roku.

So...is there a Roku in between these two devices that will work? Nothing is wrong with the TV, it has a excellent picture quality. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Strega
Level 15

Re: Set Up Problem

I'm confused by the the TV not recognizing the Roku and you changing settings on the Roku, since that's hard to do without it being connected to a TV. 

If your TV has no HDMI ports, there  was a Roku up until a couple of years ago that had composite ports.  You can also get devices that take HDMI in and put composite out. There are also devices which do HDMI to component which is better since you won't be limited to composite video quality.  Read the reviews carefully and make sure any such device supports the HDCP level you need.

0 Kudos
Kelly2805
Level 7

I brought the Roku to work and hooked it up to a TV here....I was able to change the settings that way.

When the Roku is enabled, there is only scrolling static across the screen. I took the settings down to 720 and the older Roku worked, but Hulu is no longer supported by the older Roku. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Any of the current models will support Hulu.  Roku likes to reuse model names over and over again, so you can't go by the name when you try to see what channels/apps it supports.  The current Premiere is nothing like the older Premiere.  Always use the model number when asking for help.

https://www.roku.com/products/players

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos