Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Menacing

Search option missing to add apps

Jump to solution

Hi! I live in Latvia. I purchased a ROKU 3940EU Express 4K Streaming Media Player on  Amazon DE and installed it today.

Problem: There is no search option on the home screen. I am trying to add the Tet+ app to Roku.

What is the fix?

I do no see any setting to add it or turn it on. If the search function is not available in Latvia, is there any way to download the Tet+ app to the device?

Please advise. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Search option missing to add apps

Jump to solution

My completely unofficial rule of thumb with respect to how well/completely Roku will work in any given country is:  Go to roku.com and in the lower right corner, you'll find a control to select your country.  If your country is in that list, things will probably work quite well.  If not, you probably won't have search, and you'll be on your own in terms of finding channels and getting stuff to work.  The countries currently listed there are: Canada, United States, France, Germany, United Kingdom, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama and Peru.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My completely unofficial rule of thumb with respect to how well/completely Roku will work in any given country is:  Go to roku.com and in the lower right corner, you'll find a control to select your country.  If your country is in that list, things will probably work quite well.  If not, you probably won't have search, and you'll be on your own in terms of finding channels and getting stuff to work.  The countries currently listed there are: Canada, United States, France, Germany, United Kingdom, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama and Peru.

rons8659

Jump to solution

I want it free

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rons8659,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about your inquiry?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. 

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MarthaW

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem in the U.S. with my new Roku Express 4K+.  Setup went smoothly, and I am able to access and add all of the pre-installed channels.   However, THERE IS NO SEARCH OPTION to add channels (such as Hulu) that do not already appear in the channel lineup.  I have tried doing a reset by unplugging the unit.  I have also checked the Roku app that I installed on my phone, and there is no search function there either.  I also tried using the voice command "Launch Hulu," with zero results.  What is the secret to being able to search the channels I want to add, which was the reason for purchasing the Roku in the first place?  I've seen many, many others in the Community asking similar questions and just being given a screenshot from the owner's manual stating that you can search in specific countries, but it never says what to do if there is no search option at all.  Please help! 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @MarthaW

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you are using a Roku account that wasn't originated in the region in which you are using your device, you may encounter issues within a channel or features like Search. i.e. If you are using a device linked to a different location, in the US or another region.

To resolve your issue, we would recommend creating a new Roku account. Since you're in the US, the account's region will automatically be set in the US as well. If you don't have any extra email address and you want to use the same email you are using at the moment, you can deactivate your existing Roku account then create a new one using the same credentials.

If you need help with the suggestions above, you can visit these links:

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MarthaW

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

I want to let you know that your response did help me to solve this situation.  I realized after I read your advice that when I created my Roku account, I used my mobile phone which had a VPN on, placing my IP address in another country.  I deactivated my Roku account, performed the factory reset on the device as instructed, then created a new account - after turning off the VPN on my phone.  My Roku device and account now works as it should, I have the Search function that I did not have before, and I have added the channels I wanted.

Thank you for your assistance, and I hope this information is helpful to others...

0 Kudos