Search / Find voice command not working Google Assistant
I have a Roku Express running software version 9.2.0 in the US. Using search/ find voice commands with google assistant is redirecting me to the Roku Remote instead. This used to work just fine with the assistant but not anymore ( other commands like "launch Roku channel" are working just fine). Can someone please help here? Is Google no longer aligned with Roku? The find/ search Goolge Assistant commands are still shown as valid in Roku's help archives.... so either the archives are outdated or there's some sort of different issue instead.
Why Can't I Use My Echo Dot To Directly Access Videos on My TLC Smart TV?
I just recently got an Echo Dot, and after enabling the skill for my Roku TLC Smart TV I have found that aside from being able to turn on the tv, and open certain apps through Voice command, I am unable to do anything else. When trying to directly play videos on apps such as Prime Video, Hulu, and YouTube through voice command with the Echo Dot, I get an error message that on the screen that says "? Use your Roku Remote to search". I get the same error message when I issue the command "Alexa, pause on Roku".
Re: Search / Find voice command not working Google Assistant
@davchaba Thanks for reaching out to let us know what you're seeing here. These command(s) should still be supported. I can help take a closer look and pass some feedback along to the team. A couple more questions to gather some additional details:
- Which model of Roku Express do you own? (Settings>System>About)
- When did you first notice that these specific commands were not working as expected?
- When you say the commands aren't working, are you saying that you do not see any results for a command, such as 'show me action movies on bedroom Roku', or are you seeing a list of results but also see the on-screen message stating 'Use the Roku remote to get a full list of results.'?
- Have you tried removing the Roku skill for Google Assistant, restarting your Roku device, then adding the skill back to see if the same issue still occurs?
- Other than the 3 commands listed above, are there any other 'supported' commands that you are observing an issue with?