Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Search / Find voice command not working Google Assistant

I have a Roku Express running software version 9.2.0 in the US. Using search/ find voice commands with google assistant is redirecting me to the Roku Remote instead. This used to work just fine with the assistant but not anymore ( other commands like "launch Roku channel" are working just fine). Can someone please help here? Is Google no longer aligned with Roku? The find/ search Goolge Assistant commands are still shown as valid in Roku's help archives.... so either the archives are outdated or there's some sort of different issue instead.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Why Can't I Use My Echo Dot To Directly Access Videos on My TLC Smart TV?

I just recently got an Echo Dot, and after enabling the skill for my Roku TLC Smart TV I have found that aside from being able to turn on the tv, and open certain apps through Voice command, I am unable to do anything else. When trying to directly play videos on apps such as Prime Video, Hulu, and YouTube through voice command with the Echo Dot, I get an error message that on the screen that says "? Use your Roku Remote to search". I get the same error message when I issue the command "Alexa, pause on Roku".

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Search / Find voice command not working Google Assistant

What voice commands do you want to run that cant be rub on Roku?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Examples:

"Hey Google, show me action movies on bedroom Roku"

"find Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”

“search for westerns with Clint Eastwood”

I get a message on the screen that says: "use your roku remote to search"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

The second two just worked fine on my Roku remote.

The first one is irrelevant cuz youd use the one remote for that Roku.

I dunno you can search the board for Google voice and or Google Home.

You do realize this stuff just opens cans of worms.

I'd say use the remote.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@davchaba  Thanks for reaching out to let us know what you're seeing here. These command(s) should still be supported. I can help take a closer look and pass some feedback along to the team. A couple more questions to gather some additional details: 

- Which model of Roku Express do you own? (Settings>System>About) 

- When did you first notice that these specific commands were not working as expected? 

- When you say the commands aren't working, are you saying that you do not see any results for a command, such as 'show me action movies on bedroom Roku', or are you seeing a list of results but also see the on-screen message stating 'Use the Roku remote to get a full list of results.'?

- Have you tried removing the Roku skill for Google Assistant, restarting your Roku device, then adding the skill back to see if the same issue still occurs? 

- Other than the 3 commands listed above, are there any other 'supported' commands that you are observing an issue with? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos