Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpeedyG

Scrolling the Directv Stream Guide

We have two Ultras (and three Express). In the Directv stream guide, one of the Ultras scrolls in a loop, meaning there's no end--when you get to the last channel it continues to the first channel in the guide. All of the other Roku devices, including the other Ultra, stop when you get to the last channel and you have to reverse direction. The same thing happens when you get to the first channel, it stops. The Ultra that scrolls in a loop is newer. It could be a Directv thing I guess, but that doesn't make much sense. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Scrolling the Directv Stream Guide

Hey @SpeedyG

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on DirecTV stream guide or across other channels installed on the affected Roku Ultra? 

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
stuffnsuch
Reel Rookie

Re: Scrolling the Directv Stream Guide

Hi,

We are in a trial period for Directv Stream...using our ROKU TV's and devices. So far, we are impressed!

I have noticed that the only way we have a "loop" when scrolling through channels in the guide, is when it is set to sort Alphabetically, and set to All. Ours will not scroll in a loop if we are in the Favorites list or if sorted numerically.

Recommendations for ROKU and DTV Stream:

1) Have a way to scroll via page of channels. Scrolling through each channel to get to the bottom of your guide is annoying.

2) Need a way to get to particular channels by number.

3) Add another Favorites list (or two). Or, add a Favorite News tab.

4) Add the ability to have Profiles.

5) Add the ability to have a Purchase PIN and an Account PIN to prevent changes to your DTV stream account or lineup.

6) Need a way to locate DTV stream channels or programs via a ROKU voice remote.

7) Have a method to record a set number of episodes (i.e. DVR only the last 2, new episodes) of a program.

😎 Add ability for your DTV stream DVR to also record ROKU TV programing, or Live TV.

We Love our ROKU TV's and devices, including Camera's, Flood Lights, and Doorbells. Excited to see where they will take this user experience with DTV stream.

0 Kudos