Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Screensavers tab no longer listed in channel store

After the recent update, I can no longer find the Screensavers tab in the Roku Channel Store on my Roku device.

Have screensavers been removed?

Are there any plans to continue supporting screensavers?

Is there any reasoning behind this recent change or error?

Any help or information is greatly appreciated!  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Screensavers tab no longer listed in channel store

LOTS of screensavers still available and supported.
Settings > Theme > Screensavers
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thank you for confirming that the screensavers tab was removed from the channel store.

So from the sounds of it, users are meant to download screensavers exclusively from the Screensavers tab within Settings > Theme now?

Was there a reason for this change and is this change permanent?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Looking in from the outside I can't speak to the WHY of anything Roku does.

I confirm that at this time, at least in Roku 9.3, in my US location, and on my current devices, they no longer segregate screensavers out into their own separate category in the Streaming channels listings. You can still find individual ones via the search but if it they don't include "screensaver" in their title they're gonna be hard to track down.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thank you again for the clarification and follow-up!  I really appreciate it.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Late tonight, I stumbled upon a listing of Screensavers, that I think may have listed over a thousand. I picked a screensaver to try out. But a little later, when I tried to find that list of a thousand screensavers to choose from I couldn't.

When I go to Theme/Screensaver, all it shows me are "My Screensavers" - the ones I have already chosen.

How does one get to that listing for a thousand screensavers???

Roku Ultra 9.3.0-4170-46

2018 Ultra 4660
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

There's a Bug... the Screensaver store shows in Settings>Theme........... but after you leave the store, say after having added a few screensaver channels... and going back to your Home Page... then when you go back to Settings>Theme, ONLY "My Screensavers show," and the store is missing. I suppose you'd then have to restart Roku, to then have the store reappear...

2018 Ultra 4660
Tags (3)
0 Kudos