Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
folderol
Level 7

Screensaver is non-responsive and won't let me get back to the show I was watching

Whenever my screensaver activates, I am locked out of the Roku remote. The only button that will work is the HOME button. This is very inconvenient when we are watching something. We used to be able to press a button and get right back to our show - but now we have to go HOME, OPEN the app we were using, FIND the show were watching, and then FAST FORWARD to where we were in the show!!! Do this a few times and you"ll be upset as well.

The screensaver comes on incredibly quickly - 3-4 minutes; not even enough time to go make some toast.

I notice that a new "feature" has been added to the screensaver; a line of other screensavers I could choose now appears across the bottom of the screen. Coincidently, this "feature" arrived at my Roku at the same time usability and accessibility left it.

This is aggravating! Please fix this. It's easier to just access the apps separately now.

#streaming stick HD/4K, HDR with voice-activated remote.

Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Screensaver is non-responsive and won't let me get back to the show I was watching

I'm not seeing any of this on either my Streaming Stick nor my Streaming Stick+. 

Are you always using the same channel app when this happens?  Is it tied to which screensaver you're using?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
folderol
Level 7

Re: Screensaver is non-responsive and won't let me get back to the show I was watching

I first observed this behaviour when viewing YouTube yesterday. I have been testing my other streaming services this evening. So far it seems to be confined to YouTube and Prime.

My screen saver is one of the dog ones included with Roku. I have removed all of the screensavers now and it is still happening.

Netflix and some of the others seem unaffected.

0 Kudos