Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TuimbleweedBiff
Reel Rookie

Screensaver coming on when screen casting

It used to be that when I used the YouTube Music mobile app and screencast to my Roku, it would show the YouTube song being played and not turn on the screensaver. I haven't used this in two months or so. Today I was using it and now the screensaver comes on after the set time and *kills* the YouTube music casting. Why, AND please fix this. It is highly annoying.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Screensaver coming on when screen casting

@TuimbleweedBiff

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MVD

Hello,

I am having what sounds to be the same issue. 

When using Youtube Music app on android phone (Android version 11), it plays without interruption through phone or when casting to a Google Chromecast.  However, when I cast Streaming Stick+ (no brand new, no settings changed other than network setup), it will play for several minutes, then Roku screen saver comes on, music stops, and Youtube Music app hangs, and needs to be restarted (and reconnect cast, etc...).  Very annoying.  Casting other apps (e.g. Youtube app, or screen casting) does not experience this issue.  Casting the same app to other device (Chromecast) doesn't have this issue. 

When it happened, I tried hitting home 5x then back 5x and have the following info:

Issue ID: 64-225-954, model: 3810X, serial: YH00D4656764, software version: 10.0.0 build 4195-50, timestamp 2021-06-06T21:54:31Z

Thanks for any insights you can provide on this.

0 Kudos
TuimbleweedBiff
Reel Rookie

-Roku device model  4640X
-serial number:  YP00E8347345
-device ID:  7LC68E347345
-software OS/version:  10.0.0 BUILD: 4195-29
-tracker ID NONE
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Open YouTube Music app on Android phone -> cast to Roku via app -> play songs

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MVD @TuimbleweedBiff

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos