Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldMaineBoy
Reel Rookie

Screen reader voice is mumbling

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku Tv and have turned on the screen reader (audio guide) because I am blind. The voice is not clear, mumbling is the best description I can think of so: 1. I tried changing the speed to see if that would help. No. 2. I changed the volume to see if that might help. No. Now, as it continues to mumble, I am wondering if there is any way to: 1. change the voice being used or 2. set the speech in some way that the voice would be clearer.  I am very familiar with screen readers having used them for 26 years and I have the Spectrum audio guide which speaks more clearly. Looking for any ideas that might help this Old Maine Boy hear the guide better. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Screen reader voice is mumbling

Jump to solution

@OldMaineBoy

Thanks for the inquiry.

There is no current way to change the audio guide voice on Roku devices.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@OldMaineBoy

Thanks for the inquiry.

There is no current way to change the audio guide voice on Roku devices.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OldMaineBoy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny.  I'd be interested to read any experiences others have had with the audio guide. I'm going to try and work with it because I need it; any experience would be helpful.

0 Kudos
geo1234

Jump to solution

Hi, I have been using screen readers for 23 years.  I have the same issue as you.  I'm totally blind.  I find my TCL Roku TV is really only good for voice control to local stations, or launch the TuneIn app or "France 24" in my case.  Is there some way we can get a Developer involved in our situation? Thanks in advance, geo1234

0 Kudos