Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Screen mirroring

I own 3 Roku Stick +, in one of the device i can't do Screen Mirroring from any device(i can't see the Roku device on my Iphone / Macbook) . The same iphone works well with other two Roku i got. The only difference i see is that the two functional units are showing Model 3810X and the one that the screen mirroring doesn't work the Model is 3810RW , do you think this might be the problem

all run the same s/w version 9.4.0 

Tnx

Guy

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Level 14

Re: Screen mirroring

I assume you mean screen mirroring using AirPlay2, and not Miracast.

Try switching either the Roku or the iPhone/Macbook to 2.4Ghz (assuming your wireless LAN is dual band, and has separate SSIDs for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz).

0 Kudos
Level 8

Right Airplay 

I switched to 2.4 but still the same problem , cant see the Roku on my IOS devices . the other two Roku i have are working well on both channels (2.5 / 5)

tnx for trying Smiley Happy

Guy

0 Kudos
Level 13

Does the roku app on the phone see all three roku devices?  That should establish that they all have the same network connectivity.

0 Kudos
Level 8

yes , the Roku app (remote app , streaming app) see all the 3 Roku i have but the screen mirroring works only on two of them .

the reply i got from Roku support says they dont support screen mirroring for IOS 

Tnx any how

Guy

0 Kudos
Level 14

@Guym wrote:

yes , the Roku app (remote app , streaming app) see all the 3 Roku i have but the screen mirroring works only on two of them .

the reply i got from Roku support says they dont support screen mirroring for IOS 

Tnx any how

Guy

Try talking to support again, this time making sure to state you are using AirPlay2 w/screen mirroring (not Miracast)

If you just say "screen mirroring" (Settings/System/Screen mirroring), on Roku devices that means Miracast - so you have to lead with AirPlay2 when discussing it:  "AirPlay2 screen mirroring"

0 Kudos
Level 7

I have the exact same issue, did you find an answer?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 8

Sorry no , I gave up Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Level 13

Interesting - I though earlier versions of the chart showing airplay compatibility (and ones copied into threads here) explicitly said the 3810X, but now they've dropped the letter qualifiers.  Maybe  that means the RW would work if you did a factory reset and updated again.

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

The Roku devices listed below support streaming with AirPlay 2:

Device Model

Roku TV™ 

Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx 

Roku Streambar™

Roku Smart Soundbar 

9101, 9100 

Roku Ultra

4800, 4670, 4661, 4662, 4660, 4640 

Roku Premiere

4630, 4620, 3920 

Roku Streaming Stick®+ 

3811, 3810 

0 Kudos
Level 7

I will have to try the factory reset because nothing I have tried works. I also updated my phone and ipad to ios to 14.3. What's driving me nuts is you select HOMEKIT on the Roku it displays the 8 digit code and BARCODE and I can scan with phone and it tries to find and connect but fails after a few minutes. 

0 Kudos