Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bwcamp
Level 7

Screen mirroring with no internet access

I have a Samsung tablet that I've used to mirror downloaded content to a Roku streaming stick with no issues at home where I have WiFI and internet access. However I have a travel trailer with no access to the internet. Is it feasible for me to acquire a router and setup a local wifi network that would enable mirroring without internet access. Sorry if this issue has been addressed before.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Screen mirroring with no internet access

It should work in theory, as it's mainly necessary to ensure both devices are connected to the same network (IP address range, netmask, DNS settings). The problem might be getting the Roku to connect to the network when there's no Internet access. I suggest setting your mobile network SSID name and password as the same as you have in your home. Connect the Roku to that network successfully, then go into your trailer and test it on that network. It should connect without issue, and then be able to access anything on the trailer network.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos