I just got Roku Premiere+.
Tried to mirror screen and it took a long time of trying to connect again and again. For some reason, my browser kept opening this page: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/widi-pro-widi-discontinued-n...
but then finally my screen was mirrored on my Roku. I tried disconnecting, restarting and connecting again and I had all the same problems.
Additionally, when my screen was mirroring, I had no audio. When I clicked the audio icon in the bottom right (Windows 10), I seemed to have a choice of either using my computer speakers or something called Digital Audio 0, which gave me no sound at all. I am able to use the bar to raise the volume from 0 to 100, but it still said Digital Audio 0 and I heard no sound.
I had the same kind problem using Roku Miracast, which indicates video working fine onto TV, but audio not working with static noise. The following solution, I accidently found during a Google search, is posted below so that other people could benefit from:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 62f556aedd
Try the below steps and check if they helps.
Now check if you're able to use the both device at same time.
- Press Start, type Sound into the search space and select same from the list.
- Select Speakers as the default playback device.
- Go to the "Recording" tab, right-click and enable "Show Disabled Devices"
- A recording device called "Wave Out Mix", "Mono Mix" or "Stereo Mix" should appear.
- Right click on the new device and click "Enable"
- Right click on the new device and click "Set as Default Device"
- Double click on the new device to open the Properties window
- Go to the "Listen" tab
- Click on the "Listen to this device" checkbox
- Select your HDMI device from the "Playback through this device" list