I just got Roku Premiere+. Tried to mirror screen and it took a long time of trying to connect again and again. For some reason, my browser kept opening this page: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/widi-pro-widi-discontinued-n... but then finally my screen was mirrored on my Roku. I tried disconnecting, restarting and connecting again and I had all the same problems. Additionally, when my screen was mirroring, I had no audio. When I clicked the audio icon in the bottom right (Windows 10), I seemed to have a choice of either using my computer speakers or something called Digital Audio 0, which gave me no sound at all. I am able to use the bar to raise the volume from 0 to 100, but it still said Digital Audio 0 and I heard no sound.
ok, got it to work after reading other topics on the forum. I removed the device in Devices and Printers, but that didn't help. Then I simply disabled screen mirroring on Roku and enabled it again and everything works fine. The intel website still opens when I connect to Roku, but other than that, everything works fine.
I had the same kind problem using Roku Miracast, which indicates video working fine onto TV, but audio not working with static noise. The following solution, I accidently found during a Google search, is posted below so that other people could benefit from:
I recently tried to mirror my TV trough Roku Premier, I got the screen duplicated correctly on my Sony TV but there was absolutely no sound. I tried several times with the same result. This was done using Miracast on my new Lenovo Yoga 920 13IKB running windows 10 x64 Version 1709. The wireless display from the same laptop worked fine going directly to a Samsung Smart TV MU6290, both video and sound were working perfectly, the sound missing problem was only occurring when using Roku Premier. I eventually searched for new drivers on the Lenovo Yoga 920 and windows found a new driver for the Realtek High Definition audio(SST). This solved the audio issue on my Roku premier mirroring. I also posted this on Lenovo forum, for the driver levels of the audio controllers see the link below:
So I have thoroughly investigated the audio problems, tried every "fix", and here is the issue as I see it:
First try to test all components of your computer, update drivers, and perform troubleshooting steps. Next try different settings in the audio of the ROKU. If all that fails, then the following may help, though it is referring to distorted audio.
Whenever two devices connect to each other, the is a "handshake" process where each exchange information about how and what information they will communicate. Basically there is an error in how windows does this with ROKU devices. Apparently this was triggered by an update.
Now to understand what is happening, you need to know a little bit about an audio problem called "clipping". Have you ever heard a recording that you could easily hear, but was just out of wack like it had been run through some gravel or something? Go ahead and look up clipping in another browser tab... I'll wait............ Ok, now that you know what clipping is, go watch a video on youtube called "simpsons megaphone testing", its very short.
When the handshake happens between the Windows 10 computer and the ROKU, (1) if no audio track is playing, when the computer then plays audio something like the simpsons vid happens on the ROKU end, and it gets blown by MASSIVE clipping. (2)HOWEVER, if you play anything that has an audio track at full computer volume, the handshake proceeds as it should and all audio play as it should.
I tested this by creating a silent audio track that has absolutely nothing that will transmit at all, it is literally a straight line with no frequencies or wave forms what so ever. I then played it while connecting to the ROKU, and then played a video after it was connected, and the sound from it was fine. I LITERALLY PLAYED A FILE OF NOTHING AT ALL WHILE CONNECTING.
So the problem seems to be that windows needs to provide a audio sample audio during the handshake to establish what "normal volume" should be. Even if it is a sample of nothing. If Microsoft would include this as part of the process, then it seems it would fix the issue.
"lshiang" wrote: I had the same kind problem using Roku Miracast, which indicates video working fine onto TV, but audio not working with static noise. The following solution, I accidently found during a Google search, is posted below so that other people could benefit from: