Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaysquad

Screen mirroring option keeps dissappearing

I looked up where to find the screen mirroring option on the internet because i was gaving trouble finding it. When i used it everything went fine. I used it for about a week, stopped using it for about 2 weeks and when i tried to connect on my phone again my tv didn't show on the list of devices. So i went back into the system settings on my roku and the option to screen mirror completely disappeared from the menu. I gave up and tried again maybe a month later and the option was back again. Thinking i looked in the wrong place I used it and, like last time the option disappeared again from the menu a day later. Am i missing something or is this a bug?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Screen mirroring option keeps dissappearing

You didnt mention your Roku model name/# or firmware version (Settings/System/About)

I have read other reports of "screen mirroring" disappearing, usually from ONN TVs

Roku supports two forms of mirroring:

1) Miracast-based:  Settings/System/Screen mirroring

2) AirPlay2-based:  Settings/Apple AirPlay and HomeKit

Are you stating that #1 is disappearing from the Settings menu/UI?

If #1 is not there/disappears again, try manually updating:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

And if #1 isnt there now, or disappears again, report it directly to Roku:

chat or email:   https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options    (choose setup/Roku tv/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos
MB14

I just recently bought an onn roku tv from Walmart a couple days ago. After I set things up, I wanted to screen mirroring my android phone to my TV. When I checked the setting it wasn't part of the options, my internet is excellent and system is up to date. I need to know of I should just return my TV and get a refund or is there a solution?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

There's no current solution - there may be a future solution (via firmware update).

If you dont want to risk it, I'd return it for a different brand.

0 Kudos
blondie357

This is ridiculous. This happens to all roku tv's in our house all the time. I chatted with a Roku person online awhile back, was told to unplug and hard reset the tv. The option showed back up in the menu. I have to go through this every time it happens. I shouldn't have to! FIX IT ALREADY Roku!!!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@blondie357 wrote:

This is ridiculous. This happens to all roku tv's in our house all the time. I chatted with a Roku person online awhile back, was told to unplug and hard reset the tv. The option showed back up in the menu. I have to go through this every time it happens. I shouldn't have to! FIX IT ALREADY Roku!!!

That's pretty bad firmware design and programming - unfortunately about what I expect from the RokuOS engineers, programmers, developers, and managers these days.

Perhaps a well placed twitter comment or report to a techmedia site might be useful...

0 Kudos