Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen mirroring audio - need assistance

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 and a Roku Streaming Stick+ and I just figured out how to screen mirror on my tv. However, I can't figure out how to get the audio on my phone to play through my tv. Is this even possible? I tried using the Roku app but it doesn't put the sound on my tv, just through my phone and a connected bluetooth device. I do not have a Roku tv and my tv is not a smart tv. It's just a generic flat screen tv. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Menco
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen mirroring audio

I have the same problem. SmartView casts video- only and DEX casts audio properly but only displays my home screen (no video).

0 Kudos
Menco
Reel Rookie

I win! It's not a ROKU problem. I now have HD video mirroring with audio to ROKU from Samsung S20 using either SmartView or DEX (proprietary Samsung software for Android, nee Miracast). This required 2 solid hours of Samsung tech line chat and several reboots.

First open smartview and connect to ROKU then open SmartThings settings to send audio to Roku. Verify that none of your devices (TV, ROKU, phone) are muted. Test with any video app you should have sound and audio from your TV.

Dex is different. It provides a MacOS or Windows10 desktop. You will need to adjust your TV picture settings to see the full screen. Then you use the Samsung TouchPad app to control an on screen cursor. In the lower left corner clicking on the checkerboard pattern opens your Android app icon folders and you can open the app you want to cast to ROKU.

Paul59

Thank you very much for solving my audio problem much appreciated 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

0 Kudos
jaamii_m

Can you please be more details on how to open the SmartThings settings? How do I send the audio to Roku?

0 Kudos
ShoNuffHarlem
Channel Surfer

Where are audio settings in Smart Things don't see it 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ShoNuffHarlem

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MtnMamma
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen mirroring audio iOS

I have the same problem but with an iPhone. iPhone has It’s own mirror interface. It used to work. No sound now on the tv. I’ll try some of the suggestions, we’ll see.

0 Kudos
MtnMamma
Reel Rookie

I also opened the roku app on my phone. Connected to the device I wanted to fix. Turned on the headphone turned it off. Then I hit the setting cog in the upper right ( ios) and chose to check the audio delay. That seemed to fix it. But I did all the other things first:

you are experiencing no sound when mirroring your screen to Roku, you can try the following solutions

• Set PCM-Stereo as the default audio mode on Roku.
  • Check the screen mirroring settings on Roku and adjust them as needed.
  • Disable and enable Wi-Fi on your device.
  • Set the mirroring mode of your Roku device to "Prompt".
  • Check Network settings and disable the Firewall.
  • Use SmartView or DEX to mirror your screen and send audio to Roku.
0 Kudos

So the one thing that worked for me, and I'm not sure why (I'd imagine it has something to do with the audio codec), was to start screen mirroring then use the Roku remote and hit the "*" button. Then turn the sound from 'Leveling', or 'night' to 'Off', and the sound plays right away for me.

0 Kudos