Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jontalk
Roku Guru

Screen Zoom on Ultra/Audio question

Several months ago, I sold my Roku 3 and replaced it with the free Xfinity Flex 4K streamer since I'd upgraded to an LG OLED. While it's far from perfect it has a unique feature in display settings called 'zoom'. And as you can imagine, it removes any bands from top and bottom and zooms the screen.

I've grown to like the feature but am frustrated with the lack of channels, and requirement to buy high priced subscriptions through Comcast rather than direct from Netflix, Showtime, HBO, etc. 

I'm hunting for an Ultra and am curious if there's a zoom feature in device settings. Also wondering if there's any audio difference between models since Roku passes it through, while the Flex sends all audio in DD Plus. Thanks

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screen Zoom on Ultra/Audio question

I can't answer the audio questions, but no Roku offers any zoom settings - use your TV's settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Screen Zoom on Ultra/Audio question

Thanks..I had a feeling the feature wasn't available. Do you have any recommendations with respect to which model? I'm watching some 4660's and a 4670 on Ebay. Thanks

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos