Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gworley
Level 7

Screen Mirroring

I have an issue with screen mirroring. I two devices that I have tried to mirror with the same results.

1. Samsung Galaxy S10+
  2. HP Windows 10 laptop.

I have two Roku TV's that I got for Christmas.  Did have 2 Roku 3's and was able to mirror both of the above devices.

1. 43" TCL 4K UHD Roku TV
  2. 50" TCL 4K UHD Roku TV

Steps to recreate:

1. Roku Mirroring options:  Device Connect Enabled, Screen mirroring mode is Prompt,  Allowed devices are [Phone] Galaxy S10+ and George Worley (My HP Laptop)
  2. I start the connection process from either device. Both the phone and the laptop see both TVs and I am able to start the connection,
  3. The Roku TV launch an app called RokuCast (name on the icon however from the Home page if I use the * button while I am on the Roku app the full name is RokuCastr version 1.0.1.0 Build 0. If I remove the channel and try to mirror again the Roku TV acts like it is a private channel and doesn't list Roku is the developer (Jpad) with a version of 1.2 with Dec 28, 2015 as the release date and only list the name is RokuCast.  If I add the channel back it is a private channel.  Not sure how this has happened. I delete it and it keeps coming back.)

Is there some setting that I am not seeing that causes a default app to launch when one tries to mirror their device.

Thank you in Advance,

George

Labels (1)
0 Kudos