Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dstraka
Level 7

Screen Mirroring with Windows 10

Hello forum,

I'm a recent owner of the Roku 2 (2015) and I just installed Windows 10. I have screen mirroring enabled on my Roku and I can successfully mirror my Nexus 5 phone. I am unable to connect to the Roku from Windows. I know that Roku does not claim to support Windows 10.

My question is perhaps more to Roku insiders - are you aware that people are having issues connecting from Windows 10 and can I expect to hear some news about an upgrade to the feature in the next month?

I am anxious to have this feature; it's one of the primary reasons I bought the Roku.

Thanks,
David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
56 Replies
knuckle
Level 7

Re: Screen Mirroring with Windows 10

check this link http://blog.laptopmag.com/mirror-screen-windows-10 it appears that you are not the only one
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
dstraka
Level 7

Yeah, I saw that article before I posted here. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos

I am having issues as well, and I am curious if you're experiencing the same issues.

I am able to set up everything without any problems, however when I actually "connect", it states that it is connected on my machine, however my television screen is black. I'm curious if others are experiencing this, and I'll just have to wait for Windows 10 support

Thank you.
0 Kudos
dstraka
Level 7

I was just about to comment how mine does not connect, but I tried to connect again, just to be clear about the steps and results.

This time, I went to Settings | Devices | Connected devices and clicked Add a device. Unlike the last several attempts, this time it discovers two Roku 2 devices instead of one. I clicked the one that wasn't found before and it seems to install something - a progress bar is shown for a few seconds. Now, the Roku 2 is on my list of Other devices. Then I tried to Project to another screen, selected Duplicate, then Connect to a wireless display. It detected the same Roku 2 that it found on previous attempts, but failed to connect.

So, now I have a Roku 2 that shows up as a Device, and a different Roku 2 that appears in my Project list, but will not connect. In reality, though, I have only one Roku 2. Confusing.

Still hoping for a solution soon.

David
0 Kudos
digdug42
Level 7

I'm having the exact same issues. It's showing one when I access the Action Center from swiping from the right side of the screen and then selecting Connect. When I do that, it never connects. If I go to devices it shows two there. One I add and it gets the same progress bar you mention but nothing ever happens on the Roku 2. Then it won't project either. Hopefully this will get addressed soon.
0 Kudos
mike_ekim
Level 7

"dstraka" wrote:
I know that Roku does not claim to support Windows 10.

My question is perhaps more to Roku insiders - are you aware that people are having issues connecting from Windows 10 and can I expect to hear some news about an upgrade to the feature in the next month?

I am anxious to have this feature; it's one of the primary reasons I bought the Roku.

Sometimes people buy something for a feature that isn't supported, hoping it will eventually be supported, even though the manufacturer never said support would be added. Then they go on the internet asking if "insiders" know when support will be added.
0 Kudos
dstraka
Level 7

Was that supposed to be funny? It's hard to tell in a forum.

The feature is supported in Windows 8 and 8.1. Windows 10 is based on Windows 8.1, so it is not a stretch to think it would just work. When I said "insiders", I was hoping a Roku employee would respond. At least the issue is out in the open now.

David
0 Kudos
adambuddy
Level 7

"dstraka" wrote:
Was that supposed to be funny? It's hard to tell in a forum.

The feature is supported in Windows 8 and 8.1. Windows 10 is based on Windows 8.1, so it is not a stretch to think it would just work. When I said "insiders", I was hoping a Roku employee would respond. At least the issue is out in the open now.

David

I know this thread is a month old and OP will probably never be back to these forums but the dude giving you shit for asking this question is just being a jackass. It's more then reasonable to think screen mirroring would be available on windows 10. In fact it would be unfeasible to think it's not coming eventually.

So that brings me to my primary reason for bumping. Does anybody here a month later have any more info on mirroring support coming to windows 10? I just bought a roku streaming stick (upgraded from an old roku 2 w/o mirroring) purely to mirror my screen and am incredibly disappointed thus far.
0 Kudos
dstraka
Level 7

Actually, I check for updates every weekend. So far, I have not had any success.
0 Kudos