Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Williamt100
Level 9

Re: Screen Mirroring with Windows 10

Thanks again for the response, Martin.

I did search through the Microsoft Support Forums, and it appears that this is a wide-spread issue.

I suspect it has to do with specific computer H/W in addition to the version of Windows 10.

Quite a few users have tried the methods outlined in the link with results similar to mine.  What confuses me is that my laptop definitely "sees" my Roku 4, and recognizes it as an available wireless display, but the Roku never acknowledges the request to connect to it.  The only anti-virus S/W that I have enabled is the Windows Defender, internal to Windows 10.

I'll keep experimenting with versions settings to see if I can get it to work.

Please let me know if you come across any additional information regarding Windows 10 and screen mirroring.

Regards,
Bill
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
AbbyNormal90
Level 7

"Linoze" wrote:
ANOTHER LAZY MAN'S SOLUTION (You don't have to get up and  unplug the Roku): 
-On Roku with your remote, go to settings/system/screen mirroring
-Disable it, then
-re-enable it
-try casting again from laptop or tablet

This worked for me
0 Kudos
malfoypotter
Level 7

I finally got it to work.  My Roku was on the 5g wifi and my HP laptop was on the 2.4g wifi.  Set the Roku to use the same 2.4g wifi the laptop was on and it worked. I can cast to the Roku again.
0 Kudos
overhear
Level 8

Truly thought this was hopeless, but FINALLY got this to work thanks to @sharon Hogue's advice: (1) Set Roku screen mirroring to "prompt first" (NOT always); (2) RE-BOOT ROKU; (3) Go to PC action center and click connect; (4) NOW your PC will list your Roku device, but it still won't connect until you; (5) Go back to Roku settings and change to "Always."

kodee2003
Level 7

This isn't working for me, either. Maybe I'm missing a step.

0 Kudos
overhear
Level 8

@kodee2003 wrote:

This isn't working for me, either. Maybe I'm missing a step.

You're still not seeing your Roku device when you click the Connect tile in the system notification tray?

Maybe if you list the steps you're going through someone will spot an issue. 

0 Kudos
thatsright
Level 7

Roku cannot fix the problem it is above there technical skills. Outside of that all is good I love Slingtv, its just that roku has problems and I have know faith with there sorry asses. 

0 Kudos