Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Austinrice

How to screen mirror to my Roku TV

So for the past 2 months I've been using the Screen Mirroring function without issues and very satisfied with how it works but, for some out landish reason a reason update has disabled and removed it from my model #8310X Onn Roku 32" inch TV completely.

Now I can understand why a feature can be removed or even turned off by a user but for this to be done with no sort of warning/message or log for the update that's available to the public is undoubtedly frustrating for anyone who knows a bit about electronics and computer software.

Here's my reason for this "discussion"; why was there a shadow or unknown update for this feature to be removed from MY device? I did pay for any and all things on this device and used them but why do I have to sit here and find out that a widely used feature even with many Google searches on how to do said process (screen mirroring) with a SMART TV is all of a sudden removed?

It blows my mind and I will be getting rid of Roku ASAP and I will purchase another SMART TV that allows me to use the functions that are built in off the factory floor. I would like to know if anyone else cares or has had this recent issue and has an explanation to help me understand this and why it has been done.

If Roku or whomever reads this can reach out with:

1. Reasonable explanation,
  2. A rollback update to previous version of software with Screen Mirroring enable, or
  3. My money back as I'm a reasonably dissatisfied customer. (Would prefer B)
Tags (1)
22 REPLIES 22
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Screen Mirroring 32" Roku TV

When you say screen mirroring was removed, do you mean Settings/System/Screen mirroring is no longer there?

Or do you mean the functionality no longer is working when you attempt to mirror from another device?

What firmware version does your Roku TV have, and have you checked for updates? (Settings/System/System updates/Check now)

What is the brand/model of the device(s) you are screen mirroring from?

0 Kudos
Jgudger

I've had this same issue. For awhile I could mirror my phone to my TV but for some reason my TV couldn't be found by my phone. Any clues?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jgudger

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What brand phone do you have? How were you screen mirroring before? What are the steps to reproduce this issue you are seeing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Lamp2674
Reel Rookie

I have the same tv with the very same issue. Have 32inch ONN Roku tv 8310x. Checked for new updates and all up to date with software version 10.0.0 build 4195-c5. TV would screen cast my android and my wife phone just fine until recently. Both phones search but nothing shows up, phone stays blank as if tv not there. I have samsung a20 she has google pixel both phones still mirror our Sharp tv just fine. Checked tv settings, system and there is no screen mirror in the system list anymore 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

If a recent firmware update removed the screen mirroring functionality, you should definitely inform Roku directly about it:

chat or email:    https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options      (choose setup/roku tv/other/need more help?)

You might also want to message @RokuDanny-R  and inform him as well.

steppinthrax
Channel Surfer

Anybody have any updates with this.  I'm having the same issue.  I have a Onn 32" TV from Walmart with the Roku build in.  It's using the Roku TV 8310X and recently the screen mirroring is gone.  I bought this TV partially for working from home and projecting.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Are you saying that Settings/System/Screen mirroring is no longer in your UI menu?

If so, see my previous post in the thread about contacting Roku.

0 Kudos
steppinthrax
Channel Surfer

I just did. All they did was had me produce a an incident ID for my Roku and my collecting my email address. Then they said someone would be in contact with me and the agent left to chat

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

You'll just have to wait for a firmware update.

I recommend manually checking at least once a day after 3PM ET/12PM PT:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

0 Kudos