Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
traveler22
Channel Surfer

Saved list and Continued watching list.

Okay, here goes.  I'm trying to watch Mountain Men, had it on Continue Watching the Roku took it off.  Have to search for it each time I want to go back to it.  Roku WILL NOT allow it to be on my Saved List or on my Continued Watching List.  Still need to Search and remember where I was in the series.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Basil
Roku Guru

Re: Saved list and Continued watching list.

@traveler22 

Which app were you using to watch Mountain Men? A search shows it is available on up to 10 different apps. Which app is giving you the trouble?

Basil
Longtime Roku user
0 Kudos
traveler22
Channel Surfer

On the Roku App.

0 Kudos
Basil
Roku Guru

@traveler22 

I've launched the Roku Channel (always tell the app when there's an issue; it makes it easier to attempt to replicate the issue if we know where to go) and am experiencing the same issue.

A search of the TV series Mountain Men (not talking bout either movie of that name) offers to add it to Save List. Browsing and finding it (it is difficult to find, but it's there) allows the option to Add to Save List. Either way, it records itself as added, meaning the option changes to Remove. However, in no case does it actually appear on the Save List.

Other TV shows can be added and removed, and everything works as expected. But this confirms OP report. I've checked on a device running OS 10.5 and a device running OS 11.0. It appears to be an issue with the TV show.

Basil
Longtime Roku user
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@traveler22 

If this just happened today (not a recurring daily occurence), then this may be a little quirk experienced by some with the Continue Watching and Saved List.

Most users find that the features return to normal the following day. (Assuming as a result of the automatic daily update check by Roku and synchronization.).

---

You can try performing a manual system update (Settings/System/Update [check now]) followed by a System Restart (Settings/System/System Restart).  Likely though you may just have to wait a day to resolve itself.

Most users have found that if you login to the online Roku Channel (https://therokuchannel.roku.com/), your Saved List and Continue Watching will be there.  (If so, then you are probably just experiencing this same quirk).

----

Edited: As @Basil indicated, does appear to be show related.  Seeing similar result with inability to add this show to either Save or to Continue Watching from within Roku Channel.  Also, attempting to add it with the alternative method from the online Roku Channel did not work.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

traveler22
Channel Surfer

Thanks.  Will also do a manual update check and perform if necessary.

0 Kudos