Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flatland11
Level 7

Samsung anynet not working

I installed a Roku stick a couple months ago and everything was working fine- I could push the home button on the Roku remote and the TV input would change and the home screen would display. It no longer does that. I have to change the input on the TV to the correct HDMI port, then I have to wait a few seconds until Roku connects to WiFi. Upon leaving Roku, I use the TV remote to change the input source. The TV used to say disconnecting anynet device and the input would change- it no longer does this and when I go back in to Roku the screen saver is usually on like it never disconnects. Anyone know if this is a router or TV or Roku problem? I'm wondering if this is a router problem as I am having constant problems staying connected to the internet. (netgear purchased a few months ago- Roku worked fine with this router originally) I have WiFi but no internet and often the Sonos system isn't accessible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Samsung anynet not working

I started having issues with my Samsung JU7100 a few days ago. I can't get the TV remote to control my AVR volume anymore. I can still get the audio to the AVR, but have to use either the Yamaha remote or my Ultra remote to control the volume. It will still switch the AVR input to the Roku when I use the remote, but since the Roku is connected to the AVR before the TV there shouldn't be anything in the TV interfering with that. My belief is that Samsung has released a firmware update that messed up CEC.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Lgb0250
Level 7

Re: Samsung anynet not working

"atc98092" wrote:
I started having issues with my Samsung just a few days ago. I can't get the TV remote to control my AVR volume anymore. I can still get the audio to the AVR, but have to use either the Yamaha remote or my Ultra remote to control the volume. It will still switch the AVR input to the Roku when I use the remote, but since the Roku is connected to the AVR before the TV there shouldn't be anything in the TV interfering with that. My belief is that Samsung has released a firmware update that messed up CEC.

samsung is the culprit here. My problem withCEC just started a few days ago also. In my case when the tv sits overnight and I turn it on in the morning it reverts back to tv as the input. When I try and reconnect to CEC it just spins up and the HDMI option totally disappears. After I let it warm up for about 5 minutes I am able to reconnect to HDMI. I’m going to try a fix today that I read on another page and call Samsung and have them do a service reset. Hopefully that will get it like it was.
0 Kudos