Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The

Same home screen on multiple devices

Jump to solution
Is there any way to make all of my Roku devices have the same home screen without having to manually set up each one? I have two Roku TVs, and 3 sticks. I want all the home screens to have the same channel order. I have 50 channels.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Same home screen on multiple devices

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, no. Each device has its own independent home screen. It has been suggested in the past to have an option to modify the home screen and have it apply to all devices, either via the device or a web page, but nothing so far. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
atc98092

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, no. Each device has its own independent home screen. It has been suggested in the past to have an option to modify the home screen and have it apply to all devices, either via the device or a web page, but nothing so far. 

Dan

Pedser

Jump to solution

Yes !!!

Same issue, developers please add as a feature, many folks have now multiple ones in their house. This would be really good. 

Jump to solution

Actually, we are having the opposite problem.  I realize it's been two years since this thread was active, so maybe it has now changed, but we have a Roku in our kids room that we JUST want kids channels on, not all the ones on the main family room TV.  I can't seem to make this happen.  As soon as I log into my Roku account (the only way to activate the stick), I get the same channel profile as the downstairs tv.  How do I change this?

atc98092

Jump to solution

You can't change it. The only way to have different channels on different devices is to link them to different Roku user accounts. You need to create a user account specifically for the kids' Roku device(s), and link the devices to that account. 

Dan

shepdog

Jump to solution

I am in the same boat with 4 devices and 1 smart TV.  This is an easy feature to implement.   The simplest way would be a configuration feature that has to be managed by a separate interface by logging into your account via a smartphone/laptop/desktop web browser.  This way you don't have to deal with the different coding in the devices/TVs.

The interface would have the following requirements.

1. On the initial configuration, the interface would build and display a common list of channels from querying the channel list from all the "My Link" devices in the user's account.
  2. The user selects the channels to keep or delete.
  3. The user arranges the channels in the desired order.
  4. The user saves the channel configuration changes.
  5. From the list of "My Link" devices in your account, the user chooses the devices you want the changes pushed to.
  6. After the initial configuration, bring up the saved channel configuration if the user wants to edit it.
  7. At this time Roku offers to add any new channels since the last save of the configuration
  8. The user selects the channels to keep or delete.
  9. The user arranges the channels in the desired order.
  10. Save your channel configuration changes

If you want to sell more devices/TVs you have to make it easier to manage them!

Jump to solution

Boom! Nice job scoping that out. This should be an easy feature for Roku to add. 

0 Kudos