Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SATerp
Reel Rookie

STILL getting "Can't run channel" when trying to load Youtube, even after updating settings.

Jump to solution

Roku Danny-R says the problem is resolved, but it's still occurring on my Roku. I flushed my network and updated Roku settings and I still get the "Can't run channel" error message.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: STILL getting "Can't run channel" when trying to load Youtube, even after updating set

Jump to solution

@Dbf2usna 

@SATerp 

There have been some issues reported by some users regarding YouTube not working properly. However, it isn't affecting everyone, or even a high percentage of users. Mine, for instance, has worked great without issue while the sporadic issues with others have been reported.

YouTube has been working the issue, and some of those with the issue have reported them as resolved. However, as is evident, YouTube hasn't resolved all of the issues, at least not yet. Google (who owns YouTube) does indeed work to get issues resolved as quickly as they can. As for the cause of the issue, it's obviously not a simple cause since they haven't been able to get everything resolved just yet.

Do keep trying the app. Perhaps even remove the app, reboot the Roku, then reinstall the app. (All three steps, in that order.) That may help, if the issue caused stray, bad data to be stored locally. Doing that will clear out the bad data, if the issue is otherwise resolved.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dbf2usna

Re: STILL getting "Can't run channel" when trying to load Youtube, even after updating set

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.   The other thread saying this was fixed and to update settings does not work.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Dbf2usna 

@SATerp 

There have been some issues reported by some users regarding YouTube not working properly. However, it isn't affecting everyone, or even a high percentage of users. Mine, for instance, has worked great without issue while the sporadic issues with others have been reported.

YouTube has been working the issue, and some of those with the issue have reported them as resolved. However, as is evident, YouTube hasn't resolved all of the issues, at least not yet. Google (who owns YouTube) does indeed work to get issues resolved as quickly as they can. As for the cause of the issue, it's obviously not a simple cause since they haven't been able to get everything resolved just yet.

Do keep trying the app. Perhaps even remove the app, reboot the Roku, then reinstall the app. (All three steps, in that order.) That may help, if the issue caused stray, bad data to be stored locally. Doing that will clear out the bad data, if the issue is otherwise resolved.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

manzirjjr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also do not see an update  this morning 9/16/2021, to the software when running the system update options.

0 Kudos
DanDuffy168
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Per the directions on this site and other threads, we deleted YouTube TV app, restarted Roku, checked for software updates, turned it off for 10 to 15 minutes, and tried to reload YouTube TV. YouTube TV is now no longer accessible so we are in a worse position than we started yesterday. Please provide detail as to how we can get YouTube TV reinstalled on the roku's in our home.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@DanDuffy168 

This thread is about YouTube. This thread is not about YouTube TV.

The instructions to remove/reboot/reinstall were for YouTube, not for YouTube TV.

Once you remove YouTube TV from your Roku device, it's unlikely you'll get it back until Google/YouTube renews a contract for Roku to carry the app.

In the meantime, you can access YouTube TV from within the YouTube app. Launch YouTube, then scroll down to YouTube TV link, which should be the last item on the menu on the left. You can use that to watch YouTube TV.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
SATerp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you DBDukes, that fixed it. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos