Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alareew
Reel Rookie

Rokus no longer work in my house

I have 4 rokus in my home. And 3 out of 4 are not working. I purchased a new one today 6/4 and It is not working either. I reset my internet and my rokus and still nothing is happening. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rokus no longer work in my house

@Alareew 

We need a little more information.

What are the model numbers? Not just the name (though that's helpful).

And, what do you mean by "not working?" They don't power up? They power up but don't connect to your network? They are on network but when you go to play content, the stuff crashes? Tell us what "not working" means. Imagine we're not sitting there with you, but are on the other side of the Internet and can't see what's going on. Describe it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Alareew
Reel Rookie

I will get you the model numbers. 2 won’t connect to the network. Sometimes it won’t even pull my router up when I search networks. And I’ve factory reset the rokus multiple times and I’ve reset my router. The roku in my bedroom won’t show picture but will let you hear the show and at times it won’t connect to the network.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Alareew 

Roku Express models are the last of the current lineup that are 2.4 GHz only. Some older Roku devices were 2.4 GHz only as well. Model number would help determine if that might be a factor.

That could matter if your ISP provides your wireless router, and if your ISP has changed the settings. Most were set to 802.11 b/g/n, but many, including Xfinity, AT&T, Cox, and others, have changed their settings to g/n which will stop many Roku devices from using the 2.4 GHz band. They will still connect on the 5 GHz band, but the Express models (and other older models) are 2.4 GHz only, effectively interfering with network connectivity.

If that's the issue, check the settings of the router.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Alareew
Reel Rookie

How do I find my model number? And I bought another Roku yesterday and it doesn’t work either so how do I change my router settings?

0 Kudos
Alareew
Reel Rookie

Model 3930X

serial # X004000G4G2W

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Alareew wrote:

Model 3930X

The Roku Express model 3930 is 2.4 GHz only.

@Alareew wrote:

... how do I change my router settings?

That varies from device to device. If it's Xfinity, Cox, or AT&T this post by @AvsGunnar has some links and information that may be helpful.

DBDukes

0 Kudos