Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku with Ethernet and composite output

Jump to solution

Is there a current Roku model that has both Ethernet connection and composite output?  We have a guest room with poor WiFi signal and JVC analog TV with composite input. Looking for a Roku device for it. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Roku with Ethernet and composite output

Jump to solution

There is no current Roku model with composite out at all. The last model that did have it was the Express+ 3910, which was two generations ago. and it did not have an Ethernet jack. The last model with both was the 2 XS 3100, which is an ancient, worn out device. I still have one, but it's next to unusable due to it's lack of performance. It's also no longer supported by Roku at all, and many of the latest/newest channels won't even work on it.

I believe the only practical way for you to get one would be to use an HDMI-composite converter box. Some users have been successful with them, while others have had issues. But to get an Ethernet jack Roku, you have to get the Ultra. In the end, it might be less expensive to get a Roku TV with Ethernet.

I don't believe that Amazon offers a Fire TV with analog outputs at all, and the Nvidia Shield is also HDMI only. There might be some generic Android TV boxes available online with analog outputs, but you won't have the features of a Roku.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

There is no current Roku model with composite out at all. The last model that did have it was the Express+ 3910, which was two generations ago. and it did not have an Ethernet jack. The last model with both was the 2 XS 3100, which is an ancient, worn out device. I still have one, but it's next to unusable due to it's lack of performance. It's also no longer supported by Roku at all, and many of the latest/newest channels won't even work on it.

I believe the only practical way for you to get one would be to use an HDMI-composite converter box. Some users have been successful with them, while others have had issues. But to get an Ethernet jack Roku, you have to get the Ultra. In the end, it might be less expensive to get a Roku TV with Ethernet.

I don't believe that Amazon offers a Fire TV with analog outputs at all, and the Nvidia Shield is also HDMI only. There might be some generic Android TV boxes available online with analog outputs, but you won't have the features of a Roku.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos