Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gscevola
Level 7

Roku will no longer connect to WiFi or remote

My roku will no longer connect to WiFi or remote. I have reset both numerous times and changed batteries.  Any thoughts or suggestion. It is not that old and has worked fine in the past. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Izay
Level 8

Re: Roku will no longer connect to WiFi or remote

Im having issues w/my Roku remote for volume and turning the tv on and off. Wonder if it’s related to anything? Was there an update of sorts?

It was working fine yesterday and I put in “new” batteries (says 100%) as well as doing the paring.
Volume seems to work if I go close to the tv and only a couple of times, but then stops working.It will not turn the tv on or off. 

I came into the forum to see if anyone posted something similar. 

0 Kudos
jeanie3
Level 7

same problem, router working fine for other devices; did the restart roku and router restart no luck.  Issue started after Roku did a software update to my device....

0 Kudos
Gscevola
Level 7

Maybe. I don’t want to buy another roku 

0 Kudos
Izay
Level 8

Well for some reason it now works for me. Had the remote to the side after frustration set in and didn’t bother to continue  to fix it and by chance out of habit I picked up the remote to raise the volume and it worked!!! 
It also turns the tv on and off too! That was the other issue I had. It only allowed me to change channels and go through the setting and features. It wasn’t letting me change the channels or turn the tv on and off.

Don't know what I did or happened but it now works.

I did everything I’ve read to do to no avail and then all of the sudden it works out of the blue when it wasn’t working at all.

**The only thing I noticed or was different was my kid had his 3D VR system set up in the same room and one of the systems tripod was between the couch and the roku. At that time I was trying to figure out the remote and he happened to move it for a split sec and I noticed the remote worked fine, 
but then it stopped again. So we thought could it be the issue?? He moved it again and nothing happened so then we said never mind! He put the tripod back between the roku and couch. I gave up on the remote. 
Later on he removed the whole system and put it away. 
It was after that is when I picked up the remote to raise the volume and noticed the remote worked again! 
So now we are wondering if it had something to do with it with some kind interference from the 3D VR to the roku box or remote. Until he sets it up again in the living room I won’t know. He usually sets it up in his room. So could it be? 

Good luck!

0 Kudos